Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson: Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson

It's been a long journey!

But we're here now, this is the new home of everything to do with little ole me, Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson.

There are a few ways you might have ended up here, you may be a fan of the TV series Jovis Bon-Hovis and the Creation Crew, you may have heard some of my music somewhere, perhaps on Youtube or even Christian radio, perhaps you have found some artwork somewhere that caught your eye, or maybe you are looking to commission a piece of music, TV or art.

I guess the point of a blog style website is that they are a little indulgent, and that's what has appealed to me about it, and I'll explain why.

For a while now, years I would say, I've been trying to section off my life into categories on the web. I have a Youtube channel called Christianmoviesuk (which is still my main id...) I opened a Twitter account too, which I must say remains an absolute mystery to me. I have integrated myself into the gibbering mass which is Facebook, with some success, but find myself always wondering who I should be...is it professional? Is it for old school friends? Church news? Is it just a bit of a giggle?

I have also invented a kind of persona on eBay in the past, with some success selling my own guidebook on how to buy and sell on eBay.

There are probably countless other places where I have presented a tailored version of myself appropriate to the particular arena I'm operating in at any given time, from comic illustrator to art dealer, TV producer to songwriter, musician, singer...

It's a pain!

I've struggled many times to settle on one place where I can nest down and put some energy into, comfortably knowing that it won't be irrelevent in two years time.

I finally cracked it by visualising a kind of Venn diagram. And what was this magical places where all these areas overlap? Simple in the end, in the middle it just says 'Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson'.

Thank goodness that's settled, it's all me! So what we have here is one place where I can be myself, and I am ALL of the above. I won't section myself off, chop myself up, label myself according to the time of day or who I think YOU may be.

Here, I will be myself. I'll be honest, I'll be open.

I am Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson, Producer, Musician, Artist, real person. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest! Your comment will be moderated and displayed if passed, thanks again!