Joseph Cheetham-Wilkinson: Kids songs versus Christian kids' songs.

Monday 11 November 2013

Kids songs versus Christian kids' songs.

Some feedback would be appreciated here.

Obviously the market for general children's content such as alphabet songs, numeracy songs and classic fun kids' songs like nursery rhymes and the like is going to be far larger than the market for Christian kids' songs.

Should I be focusing only on creating good quality Christian kids songs and worship songs, kids' praise and the like, or should I diversify on the channel and create more general Children's content? The idea is, if I am creating more general kids content which will appeal to a wider audience then I may well get children and families watching my good Christian content and Christian kids' songs which they might not otherwise come across, making for an effective ministry and a powerful outreach. So it works well in practical terms regarding growing and audience and business potential (which of course I have a duty to consider as a father raising a family) but also seems a wise strategy in terms of reaching people with a positive Christian message.

I guess I'm struggling in my own mind to target my market, I'm not settled as to who I am trying to reach. I also want to create content for adults, which would be Christian, but I don't really want a whole separate channel...

Any thoughts?

Here's my newest Christian kids song anyway. I'm really pleased with the song, but the video is not up to standard. Talk about dancing like your dad! Yep, that's me right there, daddy! Can you believe I was cool once? Seems like a LONG time ago now! Still, the tiny tots like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest! Your comment will be moderated and displayed if passed, thanks again!